Coronavirus Small Business Loans
Moving Your Business Forward During Uncertain Times.
Union State Bank is currently accepting forgiveness applications.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) began accepting forgiveness applications on August 10,2020.
We would suggest that you review the forgiveness applications to become familiar with the application process. Please pay special attention to the forgiveness application instructions and the documentation requirements to be submitted along with the application. A few of the items required to be submitted with your forgiveness application are the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 941 and state unemployment reports. Included in the instructions is a full list of required documentation. As a reminder, USB has 60 days to submit completed applications to the SBA and incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
The SBA will forgive loans if all employee retention criteria are met and funds are used for eligible expenses. Forgiveness is based on the employer maintaining or quickly rehiring employees and maintaining salary levels. Forgiveness will be reduced if full-time headcount declines, or if salaries and wages decrease.
There are currently three loan forgiveness applications to choose from:
- Form 3508EZ Application - For self-employed applicants that have no employees; or applicants that did not reduce employees or reduce salaries or wages by 25%.
- Form 3508S Application - For borrowers that qualify for the 3508EZ application and have loan amounts of $50,000.00 or less.
- Form 3508 - For all other PPP borrowers that are not eligible for the 3508EZ application or the 3508S application.
About the EZ Application
The EZ application requires fewer calculations and less documentation for eligible borrowers, which will result in a more efficient process and make it easier for businesses to realize full forgiveness of their PPP loan.
The Form 3508EZ forgiveness application applies to borrowers that meet one of the following three criteria:
- Are self-employed and have no employees; OR
- Did not reduce the salaries or wages or their employees by more than 25%, and did not reduce the number or hours of their employees; OR
- Experienced reductions in business activity as a result of health directives related to COVID-19, and did not reduce the salaries or wages of their employees by more than 25%.
The Forgiveness Application must be COMPLETELY filled out prior to being accepted by a Union State Bank loan officer. Union State Bank cannot and does not warrant or guarantee approval or funding of any PPP loan or the forgiveness of any amount received by an applicant. If you have any questions, or need assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us toll-free at 866.557.0060. Your local USB branches are also here to help. Find a complete listing of our officers here.
Links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Union State Bank of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Union State Bank bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.